Bulletproofed Rice with Honey
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil.
- Rinse rice well in cold water and drain.
- Add rice and coconut oil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and immediately transfer it to the refrigerator to cool. Let rice cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or longer. You can portion out the rice before putting it in the fridge so that it cools more quickly. (think chunks shaped like your thumb, like you’d use for nigiri sushi)
- When rice is cool, set the oven to warm.
- Remove rice from the fridge and put in oven for 5-10 minutes or until warm
- Drizzle butter, raw honey, and salt.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 135mg | Potassium: 35mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!