This cheesy mushroom and broccoli casserole is perfect for both dinner and breakfast! Made with cheddar and monterey jack cheese, it’s cheesy perfection!
Cheesy Mushroom and Broccoli Casserole
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- .5 lb cremini mushrooms sliced
- .25 c onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- .5 tsp garlic powder
- .5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 c heavy cream
- .5 c vegetable broth
- 10 oz frozen broccoli chopped, thawed, and drained
- 1 c Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 1.5 c brown rice
- 3 c water
- 2 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil with half of the salt, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the rice is tender and has absorbed the water.
- When rice cooks and is about halfway done, butter casserole dish. In a large pot, melt 3 tablespoons butter and flour over medium heat until golden in color to make a quick roux.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, heavy cream, and vegetable broth. Add broccoli, half of the cheese, and rice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour into buttered dish and top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and golden, about 20 minutes.
Calories: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 133mg | Sodium: 1171mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1784IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 373mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!