Chicken Watermelon Tacos
- 4 tomatillos husked and rinsed
- 1 jalapenos
- .5 c red onions sliced
- .5 c red onions quartered
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 c rotisserie chicken skin removed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 limes quartered
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 c watermelon diced
- 1.5 c fresh cilantro
- .75 c cotija cheese crumbled
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 avocados chopped
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the tomatillos, jalapeno and red onion chunks. Cook, turning, until blistered, 5 to 6 minutes for the onion, and 7 to 8 minutes for the tomatillos and jalapeno. Transfer to a cutting board; cool slightly. Chop the tomatillos and onion; seed and chop the jalapeno.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatillos, chopped onions, and half of the jalapeno. Cook until the vegetables release their juices, then add the chicken, the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer until warmed through, about 2 minutes. Keep warm over low heat.
- Toss the watermelon, 1/2 cup cilantro, the sliced red onion, the remaining jalapeno, juice of 1 lime, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and half of the cheese in a bowl. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Warm the tortillas in a dry skillet.
- Add the remaining 1 cup cilantro to the chicken mixture. Divide among the tortillas; top with the watermelon salad, the remaining cheese, and the avocado. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 689mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1106IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!