Creamy Cherry Tomato & Summer Squash Pasta
- 0.50 lb gluten-free pasta whole grain rotini or fusilli or penne pasta
- 2 c cherry tomatoes
- 10 oz yellow squash 2 medium, quartered vertically and then sliced into ¼-inch wide wedges
- 5 oz zucchini 1 medium, quartered vertically and then sliced into ¼-inch wide wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 0.50 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced or pressed
- 0.25 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- On the baking sheet, toss the whole cherry tomatoes and sliced zucchini and squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and arrange in a single layer (or as close to a single layer as possible).
- Roast for about 25 minutes, tossing halfway, until the cherry tomatoes have burst and the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil and cook the pasta until al dente, according to package directions.
- Before draining the pasta, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- While the pasta is hot, add the lemon juice, butter, goat cheese, garlic and red pepper flakes to the pot.
- Add about ¼ cup of the reserved pasta cooking water and gently toss the pasta until the ingredients are evenly mixed together and the pasta is coated in a light sauce (add more reserved cooking water if the pasta seems dry).
- Once the tomatoes and squash are out of the oven, add them to the pot along with all of the tomato juices.
- Gently toss once again to combine. Season to taste with salt (I added more than ½ teaspoon) and freshly ground pepper, then sprinkle chopped basil over the pasta and divide into individual serving bowls. Serve immediately.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 673mg | Potassium: 440mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 935IU | Vitamin C: 38.8mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!