Hearty Chinese Egg Drop Soup
- Heat the ghee in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the green onions and the ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, mushrooms, and salt and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and the mushrooms are tender about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the broth, coconut aminos, and cumin, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs for 30 seconds. Holding a fork over the saucepan, slowly pour the eggs through the tines of the fork and whisk the broth gently as you pour.
- Let the soup stand for a few seconds to finish cooking the eggs. Top with the green parts of the green onions.
- Drizzle with sesame oil, and serve
Member submission adapted from: Whole 30 Fast & Easy
Calories: 398kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 355mg | Sodium: 3054mg | Potassium: 1414mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 595IU | Vitamin C: 29.2mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 4.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!