Instant Pot Paleo Beef Stroganoff
- Season beef generously with salt and pepper. Add oil to your Instant Pot and select SAUTE. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all the meat is browned—do not crowd, add more oil as needed. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions soften and begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste and select SAUTE for 1 minute.
- Add beef broth and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select HIGH PRESSURE. Set timer for 18 minutes.
- While the beef is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add olive oil and coconut oil. When coconut oil is melted, add the mushrooms and cook until golden (you may need to do this in two batches). Season with salt and pepper.
- When beep sounds, turn Instant Pot off and let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes use a quick pressure release to release any remaining pressure. When valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Combine the arrowroot and 3 tbsp water, whisking until smooth. Add arrowroot mixture to the broth in the pot, stirring constantly.
- Select SAUTE and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Add 1/3 cup of gravy to the coconut cream and mix until well combined. Add the cream mixture to the gravy and stir until well blended. Stir in the sautéed mushrooms.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice or veggie noodles.