Keto Cheesy Brussels Sprouts Casserole with Bacon and Chicken
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts cut in halves or fourths
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- .5 c heavy cream
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- .25 c onions chopped
- .25 c mozzarella cheese shredded
- 10 slices bacon chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thinly
- .25 c parmesan cheese
- 1 jalapenos sliced
- .25 c chicken broth
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, fry bacon to your liking. Set bacon to the side on a large plate (with paper towels to soak up excess fat). Spoon & save the bacon fat and put it off to the side.
- Turn the heat to medium-high. Add 1 tbsp of bacon fat. Add the Brussel sprouts to the pan and stir occasionally until sprouts are golden brown, around 8-12 minutes. Set aside (on the same plate as the bacon if it’s big enough).
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp bacon fat. Add the chicken and cook thoroughly. Set aside with the rest of the cooked ingredients.
- Turn the heat to low-medium and add the onions & salt. Caramelize onions and then add garlic and cook until golden. Don’t burn the garlic.
- Add cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir frequently to let the cream cheese melt. If you want a more liquid base, you can add the chicken broth at this point. Keep stirring until it’s well incorporated.
- Once melted, add the cooked ingredients: chicken, Brussel sprouts, bacon, and jalapeños (optional).
- Stir well and make sure all ingredients are covered with the cream mixture. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese & parmesan cheese on top. Place skillet under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, until cheese is melted and starts to brown.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 748mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1120IU | Vitamin C: 52.2mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!