- 2 lb ground pork
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or other lightly flavored oil
- .5 lb mushrooms shitake, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- 6 cloves garlic chopped or pressed
- .3 c coconut aminos or tamari
- 1 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp avocado oil or other lightly flavored oil
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 head napa cabbage chopped
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Preheat a small skillet to medium-high heat then add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the mushrooms. Season with a little salt. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from the pan and cool.
- Place the pork in a bowl then add the mushrooms and garlic. Add the coconut aminos or tamari, the egg, and the pepper and mix well. The mixture will be wet.
- Form 10–12 large, soft meatballs.
- Heat the 1/4 cup of avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the meatballs, and flash fry them for 2 minutes on each side or until golden in color. Drain them on paper towels.
- In a deep pot, heat the broth to a boil then add half of the cabbage. Layer in all of the meatballs and the remaining cabbage. The pot should be filled to the top. Place a lid on the pot and simmer for 10 minutes. The cabbage will cook down, then add liquid to the broth.
- Remove a ladle full of broth to a small bowl and dissolve a tablespoon of arrowroot in it, then return it to the pot.
- Simmer with the lid off for a minute or two to thicken the broth.
Calories: 874kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 70g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 1934mg | Potassium: 1483mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 790IU | Vitamin C: 69.1mg | Calcium: 226mg | Iron: 3.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!