Low-Carb Pad Thai
- 2 zucchini
- 1 sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 daikon radish peeled
- 2 tbsp brown sugar sub Coconut Sugar for Paleo
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 6 cloves garlic minced, divided
- .25 c water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs sliced
- 1 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- .33 c peanuts roasted, plus more for garnish
- .25 c fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 limes quartered
- Trim the ends of the zucchini, then use a vegetable peeler to peel into thin, flat noodles. Repeat with the sweet potato and daikon radish. Set aside.
- In a wok or large pan over medium-high heat, combine the brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, half of the garlic, and the water. Cook until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is slightly thickened about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the pad thai sauce to a bowl until ready to use. Wipe out the pan.
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add a bit more coconut oil to the pan, if needed, then add the shallots, chili paste, and remaining garlic. Cook until the shallots are softened and the aromatics are fragrant 2 minutes.
- Add the peanuts and cook for 1 minute. Add half of the reserved pad thai sauce and cook until thickened, 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable noodles and chicken, and stir to coat with the sauce, adding more as needed. Add the cilantro, toss, and cook for 30-60 seconds, until the noodles are just warmed through but not soggy.
- Serve immediately garnished with more cilantro, peanuts, and lime wedges.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 581mg | Potassium: 725mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 5800IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!