Contributed by Stacy from Beauty and the Foodie
Malibu Dijon Chicken Asparagus Skillet
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp ground black pepper
- .66 c chicken broth
- .33 c sour cream
- 1.5 tbsp dijon mustard
- .5 tsp garlic powder
- .5 tsp onion powder
- .5 tsp dried parsley
- .25 tsp dried thyme
- .5 lb asparagus Trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 slices smoked ham thin sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- .125 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a large skillet. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and pan sear over medium high heat in skillet with melted butter for about 5 to 6 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet add: chicken broth, sour cream, dijon mustard, garlic, onion powder, parsley, and thyme. Whisk together until thoroughly mixed. Bring to a boil and add back in the seared chicken breasts, and chopped asparagus.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of ham, and spoon some of the sauce in pan over the top of chicken. Turn heat to low, cover skillet and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- While chicken is still hot, place a Swiss cheese slice on each piece of chicken and spoon some sauce over it.
- Sprinkle with optional red pepper flakes. Serve.
Calories: 403kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 1336mg | Potassium: 879mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 940IU | Vitamin C: 7.9mg | Calcium: 268mg | Iron: 2.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!