Contributed by Stacy from Beauty and the Foodie
One Pan Pork Chop Bacon Brussels Sprout Skillet
- 1 lb pork chops 4-5 chops, boneless or bone-in
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp sea salt divided
- .50 tsp black peppercorns divided
- 10 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 tsp chicken broth
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 0.50 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 c applesauce unsweetened
- 0.25 c onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1.25 c Brussels sprouts halved or quartered
- .25 lb bacon 3-4 slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh sage leaves, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat add ½ tbsp olive oil.
- Add pork chops and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper and sear each side of pork for 5 to 6 minutes until browned. Remove pork from skillet and set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine: chicken broth, remaining salt and pepper, Dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, and apple sauce. Whisk together and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium high heat add the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, onion, garlic, Brussels sprout halves, rosemary and sage leaves. Stir fry until veggies are lightly browned and softened for about 5 minutes.
- Add pork chops back to the skillet, and pour the chicken broth sauce mixture over the pork chops and Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
- Heat until sauce is bubbling, turn down heat to low, cover and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes or until pork is done. Serve.
Calories: 372kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 992mg | Potassium: 641mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 27.2mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!