Pork Chops and Red Potatoes with Orange-Avocado Salsa
This is a full meal with sides included!
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- 1 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 2 tsp lime zest divided
- 2 tbsp lime juice divided
- 1.25 tsp sea salt divided
- 1 tsp ground black pepper divided
- 4 pork chops bone-in
- 1 lb red potatoes halved
- 1 c onions cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 bell peppers red, sliced
- 1 avocados cubed
- 1 c orange diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapenos seeded and finely diced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Stir together oregano, garlic, orange zest, orange juice, cumin, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp lime zest, 1 tbsp lime juice, .5 tsp salt, and .5 tsp pepper in a small bowl. Rub both sides of pork chops with mixture and set aside.
- Toss together potatoes, onions, bell peppers, .5 tsp salt, .25 tsp pepper, and remaining 1 tbsp oil in a bowl. Spread mixture evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes until potatoes are just tender, stirring once.
- Stir together avocado, diced orange, cilantro, jalapeno, remaining lime zest, remaining lime juice, remaining salt, and remaining pepper. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven. Move potato mixture toward the edges, leaving just enough room in the center for pork chops. Place pork chops in center of pan and return to oven. Bake at 425 degrees for 5 more minutes. Turn on broiler to HIGH and broil until pork is 140 degrees on its thickest part, 3-5 more minutes. Serve with salsa.
Calories: 488kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 819mg | Potassium: 1496mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1180IU | Vitamin C: 89.7mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 2.8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!