Contributed by Stacy from Beauty and the Foodie
Slow Cooker Coffee Roasted Beef
- 3 lb beef roast
- 1 c brewed coffee
- 0.50 c beef broth
- 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tbsp water cold
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 0.50 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp celery salt
- 1.25 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 0.33 c onions chopped
- 0.33 c celery chopped
- 0.25 c parsnips chopped
- 0.33 c butternut squash chopped
- In a small bowl combine: salt, black pepper, and paprika. Stir together. Set aside.
- In a pinch bowl mix arrowroot powder and cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat combine: coffee, beef broth, and worcestershire sauce. Heat to low boil and add arrowroot water slurry and mix in. Add minced garlic and onion. turn heat down to medium and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Brush oil all over roast using a pastry brush. Rub roast all over with the salt paprika seasoning mix made earlier.
- In a large frying pan over high heat, sear both sides of entire roast until a browned crust forms. Remove roast from frying pan and place in crock pot. Pour coffee mixture from saucepan over the roast.
- Toss the chopped veggies into the crock pot. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low or 4 - 6 on high.
Calories: 695kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 66g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 234mg | Sodium: 668mg | Potassium: 1414mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1595IU | Vitamin C: 7.7mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 8.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!