Better than Ikea, these keto slow cooker swedish meatballs have a special ingredient that makes them extra creamy (no, not sour cream).
Slow Cooker Keto Swedish Meatballs
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile set a slow cooker to the low setting.
- Using parchment paper, line a large baking pan and set aside.
- Mix together allspice, nutmeg, water, onion, egg, cheddar cheese, and ground meat.
- Roll the mixture in 1 and a half inch meatballs and layer them onto the baking pan.
- Bake the meatballs for around 20 minutes or the internal temparture reads 140 degrees.
- As the meat cooks, heat butter in a small skillet over medium heat along with chicken broth and heavy cream.
- As soon as it starts to simmer, lower the heat to low and simmer for another 20 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Once the sauce reduces in half, add in the worcestershire sauce and the mustard. Then transfer the sauce to the slow cooker along with the meatballs.
- Cook the meatballs for 2 hours on low. Stir every 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Calories: 1131kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 50g | Fat: 101g | Saturated Fat: 52g | Cholesterol: 384mg | Sodium: 886mg | Potassium: 841mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2009IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 322mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!