When we were vacationing in Mexico a few years ago, every day I had an amazing Shrimp Ceviche for lunch (and yes I did get a double portion the last day!).
It was so cool and refreshing in the hot Mexican heat. Now when it’s the heat of summer here in Pennsylvania, I crave that same tangy, crisp flavor!
I know many of you are probably a little nervous when it comes to ceviche, most people get a little nervous about eating raw seafood… This is basically a ceviche for beginners that aren’t really comfortable eating raw seafood but still want all the amazing flavors. Cooked shrimp is tossed in a southwest inspired dressing with fresh tomatoes, sweet red ions and lots of fresh cilantro and balanced out with the creaminess of avocado! OMG so yummy!
This is best served right away, however if you are making it ahead wait until the last minute to add in the avocado.
Southwest Shrimp Ceviche
I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
- ½ pound of Wild Caught Shrimp, cooked & peeled
- 1 Lime
- 1 Avocado
- 1 cup halved or quartered Cherry Tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro (or parsley)
- Mexican or Salsa Salad Seasoning
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Coarsely chop ½ of the shrimp.
- Combine chopped shrimp, whole shrimp, juice from 1 lime, 1 avocado (peeled & chopped), tomatoes, onions and cilantro.
- Season to taste with Salsa Salad Seasoning and Sea Salt/Pepper
Note: This is best served fresh.